When it comes to taking CBD, there is a range of different options to choose from. For those who need immediate and powerful relief for their symptoms, vaping CBD is the most highly recommended method.
While vaping was invented about a decade ago as a smoking cessation device for those who want to quit tobacco, people nowadays also use vaporizers to take CBD highly effectively. Having been one of the most successful quit smoking methods to date, vaping quickly became the preferred choice for people interested in taking hemp and cannabis extracts such as THC and CBD. THC is the psychoactive component of cannabis associated with "getting high". CBD is a non-psychoactive compound in cannabis and hemp that doesn't get you high but offers numerous therapeutic benefits.
Why use CBD?
CBD, short for cannabidiol, is one of many compounds in the hemp plant that was first isolated in the 1960s. CBD is non-psychoactive, non-toxic and non-addictive and can be taken as an "isolate" or as part of a full spectrum formulation. Some people suffering from conditions such as pain, insomnia, inflammation and anxiety enjoy substantial relief from CBD when taken in the right amount and dosage. CBD can be used as a safe and natural alternative to drugs or simply as a daily wellness supplement. The great thing about CBD is that it doesn't offer disorienting sensations and leaves both the body and mind relaxed and calm.
Keep in mind that not all CBD is the same and you need to know which type to choose before buying.
- Broad-spectrum CBD: This is the CBD extract that contains terpenes and other cannabinoids (with THC less than 0.3%)
- Full Spectrum CBD: This is the CBD extract that contains terpenes and cannabinoids (with THC sometimes higher than 0.3%)
- CBD Isolate: 100% pure CBD with no added cannabinoids or terpenes
Vaping CBD vs. eating CBD
CBD vape juice and edibles like gummy candies and CBD oil tinctures both contain the same active compounds. However, due to the different delivery systems, they affect the body in different ways. When CBD is taken orally, either sublingually or through the stomach, it takes 2-3 hours for the compounds to enter the bloodstream and begin to take effect. When CBD is vaped into CBD vape juice or flowers, it enters the bloodstream via the lungs and that means the effects are felt almost instantly. Those looking for a continuous, slow release of CBD can opt for edible options, while people in need of immediate relief will usually benefit more from vaping CBD.
There are three main benefits of CBD vaping.
- Immediate Effects: when CBD is vaped through the lungs, it enters the system almost instantly and peaks in about 15 minutes.
- Controllable dosage: it's much easier to control and adjust your dosage when it comes to CBD just by vaping. This way you can get the right amount of compound without having to guess the dose or wait two hours for it to work.
- Affordable: Many people save their hard-earned cash when vaping CBD. This is because when CBD is vaped it offers the highest possible bioavailability for the compound in the system.
Why Vape CBD?
Vaping CBD is one of the best ways to quickly introduce natural hemp compounds into your system. CBD can be taken in a number of ways, including orally via CBD oil tinctures, in edible products such as CBD gummies and CBD topicals, including creams and conditioners. Various CBD vape juices on the market today contain CBD, cannabinoids and terpenes, mixed with chemical based carrier liquids called VG (vegetable glycerin) and PG (propylene glycol). And although vaping has seen some controversy in the media recently and is not yet approved by the FDA, it is generally considered to be safer than tobacco smoking.
There are three main categories of CBD juices on the market these days.
- CBD Vape Juice with PG/VG: This is CBD vape juice containing CBD and terpenes and a mixture of PG and VG (chemical-based carriers)
- CBD Vape Juice With MCT: This is CBD vape juice containing CBD and terpenes inside a suspension of MCT oil (Medium-Chain Triglycerides)
- CBD Vape Juice With Pure Hemp: This is CBD vape juice containing CBD and terpenes inside a pure hemp extract suspension (Such as the PhenoPen’s CBD Vape Pen)
Why choose CBD pure hemp extract?
Although PG, VG, and MCT oils are all approved as food grade ingredients by the FDA, they are not approved for vaping. This means that no one really knows the long-term effect vaping these oils has on the lungs (or other organs of the body). For this reason, there is the option to choose CBD vape juice which comes within the pure hemp extract as a liquid carrier and contains zero PG, VG or MCT. PhenoPen uses a proprietary blend of carefully crafted cannabinoids, including a potent CBD concentration of 59.7%. The thing that makes PhenoPen different from other similar products on the market is the specially extracted hemp extract used to carry the compounds.
There are three main reasons why choosing CBD pure hemp extract is a good idea.
- Vaping pure hemp extract (with CBD) means there are no PG, VG, MCT or other chemical additives in the mix
- Pure hemp extract has a delicious, nutty, earthy aroma and taste
- Enjoy the full spectrum of hemp extract when your vape juice is pure
What to watch out for when buying CBD
The good news is that CBD is considered non-toxic, non-addictive, non-psychoactive, and generally safe and well tolerated by most people. That said, there are a few things to look out for when it comes to buying CBD (especially online). While most CBD on the market is safe, usually as long as it is made in the US or Europe, you need to double check a few things before buying.
Here's what to look out for when buying CBD
- Reputable Vendors: Possibly one of the most important things is to make sure you buy your CBD from a reputable vendor whose reputation proceeds them. You can check this by reading verified customer reviews and getting a feel for the vendor
- Third-Party Lab Results: Any reputable CBD vendor worth their salt will send all of their CBD (and other vape additives) for rigorous testing by an approved, third-party lab facility. These should be available in a transparent way on the vendor’s website.
- Pure Hemp: As previously mentioned, and in light of the current controversy surrounding some vaping products on the market, it’s well worth going for full peace of mind and opting for a CBD vape product that contains only pure hemp and nothing else.
What do we recommend?
Our best seller:
PhenoPen 49% CBD
The PhenoPen is a revolutionary vaping device, offering powerful and highly bioavailable CBD in a 49% concentration per cartridge.
- 500 mg of total extract (350 mg CBD + CBDV)
- 100% hemp extract
- 75% total cannabinoids
- Flavonoids and terpenes
- THC less than 0.2%
- Completely free of additives, solvents and heavy metals